Types of tests and costs of HIV treatment in Taiwan
Since you are a foreigner, you will not be allowed to get all the testing for free in Taiwan.
The Taiwanese Government stipulates that within 2 years from the first day the doctor prescribes medication, all costs must be borne by the patient. The estimated monthly amount costs NT15,000 to NT20,000.
There will be a way for you to continue to fulfill your dreams and live happily every day to earn money and support for your life.
Firstly, contact Persons with HIV/AIDS Rights Advocacy Association of Taiwan or PRAA for further advice and assistance. The Taiwanese government has also abolished the law of 2015 from being expelled from Taiwan, and you will be assured to stay, work and keep information confidential. If you stay for a long time, after two years from the date of the first prescription, you will be free. Come on, man!
The test costs are listed below:
1. Cost of HIV testing: free and anonymous and confidential information. Quick test 30 minutes, but usually have to wait 1 to 2 weeks, you call the test agency again for results.
2. Cost of verification testing and identification of Western Blot is 100% accurate: including testing for sexually transmitted diseases, referred to as STIs for short: NT1000 – NT2000, 1 to 2 weeks.
3. Cost of CD4 test, antibody cells: NT1000 – NT1500, you can get the result in the following day. However, you should do Western Blot and CD4 tests together, which will save your time.
4. Cost of testing viral load: NT5,000 – NT6,000. However, when you contacted PRAA Persons with HIV/AIDS Rights Advocacy Association of Taiwan, it is 100% free, with results from 2 to 3 weeks.
5. Cost of ARV medicines: NT $ 15,000 per month. The medication is daily used and for the rest of your life, PRAA will probably support you a little bit, about 1 week or 1 month, maybe not support, then you will go out to buy medicine by yourself.
You should be patient and do not be too worried because things will pass and you will be reunited with life.